Healthy Living is our online resource where foodservice professionals can find solutions that provide better-for-you recipes and menu ideas. It's where we tackle industry-wide issues—from menu-labeling legislation to food allergies.
Healthy Living is where we translate the concept of healthy lifestyles into menu solutions. When searching for better-for-you recipes, look for recipes that have the Healthy Living icon, a sun symbol.
What makes a recipe Healthy Living?
Our culinary and nutrition experts at Kraft Foodservice develop delicious recipes that meet Kraft Foods Healthy Living guidelines for both qualitative and quantitative criteria that are mindful of calories, total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. We aim to ensure that Healthy Living recipes contain the presence of positives, such as lean protein, whole grains, healthy fats, fruits, vegetables and ingredients that provide sources of key vitamins and minerals.
Healthy Living recipes may include some of the following criteria:
- appropriate serving sizes for cooked protein foods, grains and other ingredients
- ingredients that help limit sodium (no-salt-added canned products, reduced-sodium broths and condiments)
- limited amounts of full-fat dairy products and other foods contributing fat, saturated fat or sodium
- lean sources of meat, fish, poultry and alternatives
- foods that contain healthy fats, including canola and olive oil, fatty fish and nuts
- whole grains whenever possible (e.g. brown rice and pasta, whole-wheat breads and tortillas, whole-wheat couscous, and whole grains, such as oats, quinoa and bulgur)
- darker colored and nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables
Go here to explore our Healthy Living section.
Healthy Living Recipes