FOODSERVICE PHILLY RECIPE CONTEST
OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THE 50 U.S. AND D.C., 18 YEARS AND OLDER WHO ARE FOODSERVICE PROFESSIONALS OR CHEFS WORKING FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: INDEPENDENT OR CHAIN RESTAURANTS (EXCLUDING FRANCHISE OPERATIONS) COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY DINING PROGRAMS, CONTRACT FOODSERVICE COMPANIES, HOTELS, CRUISE LINES, CASINOS, RESORTS SUPERMARKETS (PREPARED FOODS DIVISION), OR AS CULINARY EDUCATORS.
1. TO ENTER: Beginning at 12:00 am ET on January 14, 2014 through 11:59 pm ET on April 30, 2014 (“Entry Period”), email a dessert recipe that includes at least sixteen (16) ounces of Bulk Original Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Philadelphia Delights or Philadelphia Cheesecake Batter (each a "Featured Product") and a photo of the completed dessert (your "Submission") along with your first and last name and phone number to PhillyRecipeContest@eprizefulfillment.com.
The recipe must serve sixteen (16) to twenty-four (24) people, must include cooking and prep time, must use ten (10) or fewer ingredients (cooking spray, water. and, salt and pepper to taste do not count), must include recipe instructions, must identify the Featured Product, and a must include a recipe title and photo. Entry of a Submission further constitutes the entrant’s consent to grant the Sponsor certain rights in and to the Submission, as described in Rule 7, below. Limit one (1) Submission per Featured Product (three (3) in total) per email address during the Entry Period. Each Submission entered must meet all entry requirements and be different from any Submissions previously entered by entrant. Entry must be made in entrant’s name only, regardless of whether others contributed to the Submission. Submissions that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Submissions that are found to be copies of other Submissions previously submitted in the contest or to contain content plagiarized from other websites and/or publications will be void and will result in disqualification.
2. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: The recipe must serve sixteen (16) to twenty-four (24) people, must include cooking and prep time, must use ten (10) or fewer ingredients (cooking spray, water. and, salt and pepper to taste do not count), must include recipe instructions, must identify the Featured Product, and a must include a recipe title and photo. Entry of a Submission further constitutes the entrant’s consent to grant the Sponsor certain rights in and to the Submission, as described in Rule 7, below. Limit one (1) Submission per Featured Product (three (3) in total) per email address during the Entry Period. Each Submission entered must meet all entry requirements and be different from any Submissions previously entered by entrant. Entry must be made in entrant’s name only, regardless of whether others contributed to the Submission. Submissions that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Submissions that are found to be copies of other Submissions previously submitted in the contest or to contain content plagiarized from other websites and/or publications will be void and will result in disqualification.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to residents of 50 U.S. and D.C., 18 years of age and older as of the time of entry who are Foodservice Professionals or Chefs working for any of the following: independent or chain restaurants (excluding franchise operations) college or university dining programs, contract foodservice companies, hotels, cruise lines, casinos, resorts supermarkets (prepared foods division), or as culinary educators. Employees of Kraft Foods Group, Inc. ("Sponsor"), ePrize, Inc., their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) persons living in the same households, and the families (spouse, parents, children and siblings) of each of the above are not eligible.
4. JUDGING/WINNER DETERMINATION: Phase 1 (Initial Judging): All eligible entries will be judged based on the following criteria: creativity (40%), presentation as it appears in the photo (20%), and originality regarding how the product is used (40%). Phase 2 (Finalist Judging): The top five (5) highest scoring Submissions for each Featured Product at the conclusion of Phase 1 Judging will be deemed Finalists and will be prepared in the Kraft Kitchens. After the Finalists' recipes are prepared, they will be judged based on the following criteria: taste/flavor (80%); and texture (20%). The entrant whose Submission for each Featured Product obtained the highest score will be deemed a Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the Finalist will be determined based on the presentation as it appears in the photo score for Phase 1, or the Grand Prize winner will be determined based on the taste/flavor score for Phase 2. Prize award is subject to verification of eligibility.
5. PRIZE & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV): Three (3) Grand Prizes (one (1) per Featured Product): A trip for the winner to attend Culinary Institute of America classes. Trip package includes roundtrip coach-class air transportation from an airport near winner's home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Hyde Park, NY or Napa Valley, CA for Culinary Institute of America classes (city determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion based on winner's home location); three (3) nights' accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; ground transportation between hotel and airport; and a $500 gift card for Culinary Institute of America classes. ARV of Grand Prize is: $3,000. Actual value of trip prize will depend on airfare fluctuations and may vary based on point of departure. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. If trip destination is less than 250 miles from the winner’s residence, winner will be provided $200 as a mileage reimbursement for driving expenses in lieu of air transportation. Winner must travel within one (1) year of notification or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. If winner is a minor, he/she must obtain the appropriate parental permissions to travel. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted by winner. Prize will be awarded to entrant only. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. Prize winner will be solely responsible for all income taxes related to acceptance of prize. Winner’s name, city and Submission may be featured on a website, social media or other advertising related to the contest, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. There is no cash value attributed to being featured on a website or in any advertising. In the event the winner and/or his/her Submission are featured on a website or in advertising, no additional compensation beyond the prize described above will be awarded.
6. GENERAL: Contest is void outside the 50 U.S. and D.C. and where prohibited. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Entries will not be returned. In the event of a dispute as to identity of an entrant, Submissions will be deemed to be entered by the person whose name appears on the entry form. By entering contest, entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator, which shall be final in all matters. Winner will be notified by phone or email on or around May 9, 2014.Each potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release including certifying that his/her winning Submission has not won a previous prize or award, has not been knowingly previously published and is the Entrant’s original work within seven (7) days of first attempted notification. If the prize/prize notification is undeliverable, or if the potential winner fails to comply with any of these requirements or with the Official Rules in any way, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be determined from among the remaining Finalists based on the results of the Phase 2 judging. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold Promotion Parties, and each of their respective affiliates, directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of acceptance or use of prize. Promotion Parties are not responsible for lost or late entries, or for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Submissions in this contest. In the event of any such error, Sponsor reserves the right to request that the Administrator modify this contest in a manner deemed appropriate by the Administrator, at the Administrator's sole discretion.
7. RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS: : In consideration of entrant’s Submission being reviewed and evaluated for this Contest, each entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor a non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, edit, delete or display such Submission, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to, all forms of television and all forms of internet and wireless protocol without limitation and without any further right of approval or compensation. Each entrant authorizes the Sponsor and any entities affiliated or in privity with the Sponsor, to utilize, for eternity and in any manner they see fit, the Submission entered to Sponsor and to make derivative works from such material. Each Entrant agrees that the results and proceeds of such use shall become the property of Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s licensees, and shall be freely assignable by Sponsor and that the Promotion Parties and their assignees and licensees shall have no obligations whatsoever to entrant. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Each entrant releases the Promotion Parties, and each of their respective assignees and licensees, from any and all claims or liability (now known or hereafter arising), including but not limited to any claims for defense and/or indemnity, in connection therewith. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that participation in the contest, including, without limitation, the entrant's decision to provide the Submission to Sponsor for purposes of the contest, shall not give rise to any confidential, fiduciary, implied-in-fact, implied-in-law, or other special relationship between the Promotion Parties and entrant, does not place the Promotion Parties in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the entrant's Submission, and that the only contracts, express or implied, between the Promotion Parties and Entrant are as set forth in these Official Rules. In addition, by participating in the contest, each entrant hereby grants permission for the Promotion Parties to use entrant’s name, likeness, voice, quotes, comments, biographical information, and/or image for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further notice, permission, compensation or consideration in any and all media now known or hereafter developed throughout the universe, unless prohibited by law.
8. WAIVER: By entering this promotion, participants (and their parents/legal guardians) waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys' fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to enter. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
9. WINNER INFO: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/1daWWYI. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
SPONSOR: Kraft Foods Group, Inc., Three Lakes Drive, Northfield, IL 60093.
PROMOTION ADMINISTRATOR: ePrize, Inc., One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.